Services & Amenities
How do you look at life? For some, facts come first. For others, it’s all about feel. Our generous list of amenities, services and dining choices is designed to appeal to both practical and emotional considerations — because a move to a new place should make sense to the head and the heart.
There’s something special about sitting down for a great dinner and sharing the day’s events and stories with people of like minds, diverse backgrounds and giving personalities.
At Rydal Park, our flexible dining plan gives you the opportunity to satisfy your palate in any one of our dining venues.
In the Rydal and Abington dining rooms, you will be treated to a wide range of culinary delights created by our own talented chefs.
The Club Room & Bar is the perfect place for those times when you just want to relax with friends over a drink and light fare.
In the Café, you can enjoy a fun and casual meal, with plenty of delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings to tempt your taste buds.
Our choice of dining options and a flexible plan are sure to feed your spirit, enrich your experiences and add flavor to your life.
- Flexible dining options
- All utilities, including cable television, with the exception of telephone and internet
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly bed and bath linen service (you may opt out, and the monthly fee will be adjusted)
- Scheduled and personalized transportation
- Interior and exterior apartment and grounds maintenance
- 24-hour emergency and security systems and personnel
- Building insurance
- Choice of a Life Care or Fee-for-Service plan
Community Amenities & Benefits
- Year-round heated indoor swimming pool and hot tub spa
- Fitness center with a variety of equipment and a personal trainer
- Health and fitness classes, including a rotating schedule of classes, like water Pilates, aqua aerobics, yoga, tai chi, dance, walking clubs and stretch & tone aerobics
- Multiple dining venues, including a casual café, two seated dining rooms and The Club Room & Bar for drinks and light fare
- Convenience market
- Greenhouse and individual garden areas
- On-campus entertainment, including live music concerts, dancing, films, art shows and more
- On-site education courses with area university partners, lecture series and speaker presentations
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Off-site events and excursions
- On-site wellness center with medical office suite
- On-site personal care, nursing, memory support and rehabilitation
- On-site banking and ATM machine
- Catering services and guest dining
- Pharmacy delivery
- Resident business center, with technology training available
- Volunteer opportunities
- Gift shop
- Copy, fax and notary services
- Woodworking shop
- Beautifully appointed auditorium/performing arts center
- Resident-directed clubs and committees
- Enclosed, climate-controlled walkways between buildings
- Residents association
- Spiritual programming and counseling
- Guest accommodations
- Pet-friendly campus
- Medical tax deduction eligibility for Life Care entrance and monthly fees
- Subscription newspaper delivery to your apartment door
- Walkable to Rydal Train Station
- Easy access to Center City Philadelphia
- Walkable to shops and adjacent to Whole Foods Supermarket
- Numerous nearby houses of worship
- 1.4 miles from Abington Hospital-Jefferson Health
- Minutes from the Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Close to Willow Grove Mall
- Near to walking trails
- Close to numerous country clubs and golf courses
- Local attractions include: Alverthorpe Park, Meadowbrook Gardens, Cheltenham Arts Center, Abington Arts Center and Sculpture Garden, theaters, dining and shopping