Rydal Park Memory Care
At Rydal Park, we are proud to offer memory care in both our personal care and skilled care neighborhoods. Care in both neighborhoods is centered on the purposeful pursuits program, which brings meaningful engagement to those living with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Overseen by a certified dementia specialist, this innovative program provides person-directed programming based on each individual’s assessed interests and abilities.
Enriching features include:
- Structured, success-oriented, failure-free groups and relaxed independent pursuits facilitated by recreational therapists
- A certified music and memory program
- The Strengthen U exercise program
- Intergenerational programs
- Music and art appreciation programs
- A safe, enclosed outdoor terrace
- Horticultural therapy in a lovely outdoor memory garden where residents, family and team members can grow flowers, vegetables and fruits
- Support groups and education for families and caregivers
- Spiritual programs
To date, there are 50 to 60 chronic conditions known to cause memory loss. Although symptoms may sometimes seem similar, it has been our experience that each person’s onset, progression, manifestation and prognosis vary widely. For that reason, the purposeful pursuits program is tailored to each individual’s needs and wants. Each person will live his or her own journey. Our highly trained, compassionate professionals will offer innovations and inspiration along the way.